24.10.10

Some Things I Do With My Little Ovens ( I have a whole family of them! )


1. Cook whole grains overnight for hot cereal in the morning.

2. Bake whole garlic cloves to squeeze onto bread and crackers.

3. Bake bread in a stainless steel bowl that fits neatly inside the little oven.

4. Bake whole potatoes.

5. Make apple butter for canning.

6. Melt butter to make ghee (clarified butter that keeps without refrigeration).

7. Marinate meat in wine and spices in the removable crockery liner overnight in your refrigerator, then take out to warm up to room temperature before draining marinade and placing liner back into heating element to cook meat on high for a 3-4 hours or on low for longer periods. 

8. Purchase two little ovens of the same size so I have two liners the same size, one for cooking and one for marinating or storing cooked food in the refrigerator.  I never reheat stored food in my little oven without bringing it to room temperature first. 

Remember, your Little Oven is simply an oven that operates at a low temperature, about 300 degrees on High. You are really baking in an oven, and it really works! Go ahead and try it now...